Today was a seriously lazy day. I did take a walk around the neighborhood in the drizzling rain and then introduced Lil’ A to yoga. She was so cute asking me to check her form. Since it was a blah day, warm sandwiches seemed the perfect choice. I stumbled upon with recipe on Pinterest the other day and have been craving it ever since! The recipe I found is posted on The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife.
Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
Source: King’s Hawaiian
1 12 pack of King’s Hawaiian Original Rolls
1 lb. deli ham, shaved
1 lb. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons of poppy seeds
1 onion, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350. Melt butter and mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and poppy seed. Simmer for several minutes.
2. Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves in tact).
3. In a greased 9×13 pan, place bottom half of rolls and spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the bottom of the rolls followed by the ham and cheese.
4. Replace the tops of the rolls and spread the remaining onion mixture over top.
5. Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes and, once finished, separate for serving.
Rave reviews from both K and Lil’ A on this one. Very easy to make and so very delish!